Looking for a WordPress plugin which enables to to establish an entire editorial workflow with quality management and processes? Don’t look any further. Oasis Workflow is the tool I have chosen for this purpose, and I can only advise you to do so, too.
I discovered this fantastic plugin because I was fed up with the pricing and some other policies of these Content Management Tools out there. Sometimes, the companies offering these tools want you to pay several hundred USD per month just for a license enabling you to use their web based tool for your content creation, management and distribution process. Some of these content workflow editorial tools are awesome, no doubt. But I think most of them are way too pricey.
The good news is with a plain WordPress install and Oasis Workflow enabled, you can take control and make yourself independent of such tools.
The Oasis Workflow plugin for WordPress includes an editorial calendar aswell as fully flexible editorial process management.
I have worked as a magazine editor for more than 10 years, and if your are also into journalism or publishing, you know that it is important to
- exactly define when a piece of content is handed over from one party to another, e.g. from the author to the editor
- have a record of what happened, who has been editing what exactly
- have a workflow and process which defines exactly when a test is in which stage – from the first idea to the draft to the final piece of content which can be published.
Now this is exactly what Oasis Workflow enables you to create – even in the free version.
A visual editorial workflow editor gives you all the flexibility you need.
You can create an editorial process which, e.g., includes authors, a Content Marketing agency and a client company. In this process, you can create steps. In the included visual Workflow Design Canvas, you can ad steps – like these:
- Topic idea for a post is submitted by the Content Marketing agency – it can be accepted or rejected by the client.
- If accepted, the agency gets an approval message by email.
- The agency can forward the job to an internal or external author who then gets an email including details on the job.
- The author is working on the text, submitting results back to the agency.
- The agency can approve or reject and ask for changes.
- After approving, the agency can kick the post over to the client who can approve or request changes.
There are three templates for your workflows available:
- Assignment – represents task related to content generation
- Review – represents task related to content review
- Publish – represents the actual “publish” task
I am really absolutely convinced that the Oasis Workflow plugin for WordPress can represent a huge value to Content Marketers searching for a tool for making their whole content workflow more professional and well-designed.
Great job – great plugin, and I am looking forward to using it in my everyday Content Marketing business.
Oasis Workflow can be downloaded for free from the official WordPress Repository.